Monday, October 22, 2012

Easy as 1 2 3 Project

I love to revamp things all the time. I was on a shopping spree at the Goodwill with mom and come across this small silver tray. It sat on my craft table for weeks until I had an ideas to pop in my head as to what to do with it. I tell you my fellow crafters, it was as easy as 1  2  3.......  Here is what I did. 

 STEP 1.  I gathered my tray and made sure that it was real clean. Then I grab my Canvas Corp "Chalkstock" that is ideal for chalks and gel pens. It is just like a sheet of chalkboard!!!



 STEP 2 (AND A FAB TRICK)!! I flipped the tray over and inked the edges I then laid the tray on top of the Chalkstock and pretty much stamped it. I then cut out the shape and it was a perfect fit to the bottom of the tray. Something to keep in mine when you are working with an odd project and have a hard time making a piece to inlay inside!!!


 
 STEP 3.  Decorate!!! Grab some fab ribbons make a bow and adhear to the top!!


 Line the inside with various trims and rhinestone trim.



BAM!!! You have an altered tray as easy as 1  2 3  .........

I hope this brings you some blingy inspiration to your day!!! 

Your crafting Educator

Angela Holt

3 comments: