Friday, October 5, 2012

Altered Black Hat Gothic Style

Halloween is my most favorite time of the year!! My mom bought a simply black hat the other day and I put my spin on to it to bring it to the theme of Gothic Couture. Here is what I did........



I did not like the texture of the hat. So I took my fabulous Crush velvet from "Canvas Corp" and covered the hat. I then took red Chiffon and Black Tulle and made a poofy bow cluster in the back of the hat.




Taking the same Chiffon and Crushed Velvet materials, I made a hand made Rose to adorn the back of the hat.



It would not be Gothic/ Halloween without a Crow. So I put him on the side amongst the bows and now added black feathers.



I had to add some bling so I found a Jeweled Spider and Clipped it on the side.


For the front of the hat, I brought the black Tulle and Red Chiffon around the rim of the hat. I then added these fabulous skulls from Jolee's.


To bring the red theme to the back of the hat, I added Want2scraps fabulous Red Jewel Rinestones.

I hope this awesome project brings out the Gothic Girl in yah!!! LOL. Buy a cheap hat and see what fabulous creations you can come up with. If you should have any questions please let me know by hitting me up on facebook or my email!!! I would love to see what you come up with!!!

Your Professional Craft Educator

Angela Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment