Saturday, October 6, 2012

Altered Halloween Tree!

While visiting the isles of the Goodwill last week, mom and I spotted a mini Christmas Tree. I was like we could so spray paint this thing and turn it into a fabulous Halloween themed Tree. So we bought it and here is what we did........ PS I was so much fun crafting with my mom on this project!!!!


Once the tree was spray painted, I began working on the base of the tree. Here are the steps I took to bring a Halloween theme to the base.

 First I painted the base with Black Acrylic paint NOTE: All Painting has been done with Simple Acrylic Paints. I thing took Orange paint and painted the stripes and let dry.


 Taking a lighter color of Orange Paint, I dry brushed some highlights to the stripes.


 Adding a simple Purple strip to the edges of the orange stripes gave it a haunting and fun shadow effect. As you can see I took white acrylic paint and painted swirls in between each stripe.


To give it a more haunting effect, I add green moss to the top by applying it with some hot glue.



This tree was created by me and my mom. We had so much fun!!!! As you can see this tree is filled with all sorts of haunting theme items. From Ribbons to mini Skeletons. Silhouette America has really step over this boundary in having this most wonderful dies cut to cut!!! We went all out using MANY MANY of their wonderful designs. From Haunted Houses, pumpkins, witch's legs to the my favorite that are NEW this year the Fancy framed pumpkin and skeleton. What the slide show below to see all the details that were added to this tree.....



Created with flickr slideshow.
 
 
Here is a complete list of the Silhouette Files I used to create the ornaments
 
3D Halloween Hanging Ornament
Flying Witch
Skull Cameo Frame
Pumpkin Cameo Frame
Assorted Whimsical Halloween Set ( Witch Legs) 
3 Pumpkins File


Here is what I did to paint the Christmas Ornaments



If you should have any questions on anything I created for this tree, let me know!! I hope that this puts you into the Halloween Spirit!!! 

Your Professional Craft Educator

Angela Holt
From 
Angela Holt Designs!

No comments:

Post a Comment