Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Boo Necklace Project!!

Here is another creation with a Halloween theme I have been working on the past few days. I have the huge bag of Wine Corks and some Tim Holtz products; I just had to put them together and create something perfect for Halloween. Here is what I did.............

 I created this charm using many elements. First I dug in my Yard Sale Jewelry Stash and pulled out some orange and white beads. I then add hand painted polka dots to give it a more whimsical look. These beads hand from the top and bottom of the piece. The top is adorned with a check board Bow for added whimsy.


 I cut the Wine cork out to fit the smallest bottle from Tim Holtz. It worked perfect for this concept. Once I cut it out, I painted the whole thing cork black before I inserted the bottle. The bottle is filled with Purple Glitter, wrapped in a orange ribbon and labeled Boo Dust.


 As you can see from this picture, the Wine cork has been painted with black and white stripes using acrylic paint.


 The Final piece is using Tim Holtz Fragment Charm that has been glued to a cardstock sticker reading October 31st. I tied a purple bow and added a Want2scrap adhesive rinestone to tie in the orange and purple theme through the piece.


So pull out your bits of this and that and see what kind of haunting charm necklace you can come up with. This was such fun to make and I plan on showing you how to make another style of Wine Cork Charm Necklace perfect for gifts etc... with the same concept on my show this coming Thursday night at 7pm central!!!

Book mark the show by CLICKING HERE!!!

Happy Halloween
Your Professional Craft Educator
Angela Holt

2 comments:

  1. Really nice to see you back teaching us more crafts. Your blog page is terrific. If I don't catch your live ustream, I will watch the library. I do have a question about Silhouette. You sent me a car cutting file some time ago. I am finally getting serious about learning how to make these files but haven't figured out how you were able to get that image and make it a cutting file. Would still love to see you teach us how to get the most out of our Cameos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blog looks great! Looking forward to the challenge blog :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete