Saturday, October 27, 2012

Altered Picture Frame

Tis a cold night here and I wanted to thank everyone who attended my show and for those that will watch it later. Tonight I altered a fram my mom picked up at the Goodwill for $2. I plan to make my new scraproom in my new house when I get one.. Black and Pink themed. I created an altered tray last week to go into my new room to be.. and now I have created a matching picture frame!!

Here is what I did.....


Here you can see where I added the lovely Tattered Angels Mistable Crepe Paper atop the crackle finish I put on the frame. The crepe paper product is no longer avaiable but you can get this same concept through printed napkins etc. I decoupaged this on to the frame to make it look like it was stamped!! I add the crocheted trim and Want2scrap Bling. 

This is why I love what I do. When I can take something that was old and ugly and make it into something fabulous. So the next time you shop at the thrift store, grab that old ugly frame and bring it home to create something to hold your precious memories!!

Your Craft Educator 
Angela Holt!!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LUV this idea! Thanks so much 4 sharing this FAB altered project w/us!! : )

    ReplyDelete