Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Challenge Blog Challenge Valentine/G45 Style

I could not be more excited about launching the Challenge Blog with my Design Team!! This month the Challenge is brought to you by Design Team Member Virginia Dare. The challenge is .....

Faux Modeling Paste Technique Challenge by Virginia Dare "Dare's Designz

This Technique is usually seen with modeling paste or artist spackle, I first saw it done by Fiona Jennings on youtube. I didn't have artist spackle and could not find it any where. I found that modeling paste was very expensive. So I experimented and came up with faux modeling paste spackle by mixing dry wall spackle with mod podge. Here's what you need to do. Step by Step. See
how to enter for a prize tabs above if you would like to try this. I will have the requirements I'm looking for listed at the end.

Virginia Dare of "Dare's Designz"



So with this challenge in mind I created the following box using Virginia's Faux Recipe above!





 I use the Graphic 45 " A Place int Time" February Calendar Paper to add to the front of the box.


 Can you believe that I took HOT GLUE and put the glue in my Polyer Clay Molds and made these accents? Yep that is what I did!! I loved loved that Mod Podge is coming out with molds to do the same thing so I thought why not try the ones I have on hand!!! I think that it turned out fabulous!!!




I hope that this give you inspiration to take on the challenge and try out Virginia's awesome cost cutting Faux Molding past recipe!!! I look forward to inspire you more!!!! 

Your Crafting Teacher and Friend
Angela Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment