Sunday, March 24, 2013

Altered Tray Graphic 45 Style (French Country)

Hello my fellow crafters!! I wanted to share with a fabulous creation I made using Graphic 45's New Paper collection called  "French Country". I created what I call an Altered Tray!!! I built this tray out of my Goodwill find. 3 various size trays that were in pack. Now, let me show you how I did this!!







Now here is what I did


 I began with this various size trays!!! These trays can be found at your local crafting store. They are by Darice.

Next I began coloring each tray inside and outside in Black Acrylic Paint. I then measured the inside. I transferred the measurements to the choice papers and glued them inside using Modge Podge.



I got me some wooden dowels and painted them black!!


For each section I place the wooden dowel in a triangle way. I then glued them to the end of the tray. As you can see from this photo, I glues the first set of dowels to the second tray and then I added two more dowels in that tray to glue to the third tray. The height of the dowel depends on how high you want your trays to be from each other!!! All of mine are 7inches in length!!




Once the dowel were assembled, I then began to decorate!!! Check out the images below for more details!!


 On the sides I used cut-able elements from the " French Country" paper line to cover the wooden dowel sections!!!




 Each shelf is dedicated for a purpose. Of course if you make on of these fab projects, you can make it hold just about anything you want!! In this case, I wanted mine to hold keys!! I use Graphic 45's Ornate Metal Label Holder to label myself. The front was decorated with a fab piece of paper from the collection.


 Shelf 2 is dedicated to Messages!!! I again Used the Metal Hold to label this shelf and paper to cover the front of the box!!



 The bottom shelf is from my note pad and altered pin I made using the Graphic 45 "French Country" Paper. The pin is adorned with a handmade sunflower I created!!! I have dangling from the flower a Graphic 45 butterfly with a metal flower that I also created!! Next, the shelf is labeled using the metal label Holder saying notes. I also created a mini Post it note box to hold my paper pad to jot down those things we can forget!!!



The whole pieces was dry brushed with gold Paint!!!


I do hope this project entices you to think outside the box and 3D!!! I love to see what you make and if you should try these techniques be sure to post in my Facebook Group and tag me in it!!

Until the next project,

Your crafting Educator Angela Holt

6 comments:

  1. What a cool idea and beautiful at that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your idea of the covering the trays and the way you've mounted them with dowels is very clever...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! What a clever idea and what a great job you did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh sure.. you make this just after I sell my stack of trays like this.. this is beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy God Angela!!!! This is insane!! I have this paper, but in an 8x8 and this looks like an amazing idea!! So well done!! Did you put it on FB? I havent seen it yet on there!! Have a great day honey!! Great job !!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of the greatest ideas yet, I just love it. Now I will have to go look for trays.

    ReplyDelete