Monday, September 9, 2013

Glass Etched Autumn Vase

I have been working with one of my favorite products, Etchall!!! This stuff is amazing and creates some awesome results. To gear up for the Fall season and to have a fabulous new piece in my home, I created the Vase. I purchased the Vase at Michale's the other day on clearance due to some imperfections of the glass. I thought was a perfe4ct canvas to play with. So here is what I did to create this Vase.

Glass Etched Autumn Vase

I first shopped in the Silhouette Store and found a fabulous file that was perfect for the theme that I wanted to create. The file I chose ( and cut two of) is called "Autumn Leaf Flourish". I placed the vinyl onto the vase and used  my Etchall cream to etch the image on to the vase using the manufactures instructions. 



Once the piece was etched, I wanted to add color to the piece, so I pulled out my Ranger Alcohol inks and painted the inside to bring out the design of the piece. Here are the colors I used
* Latte
*Ginger
*Gold
*Cranberry
*Caramel
*Lettuce



 Once the piece was colored on the inside I wanted to add some interest to the piece. So I pulled out my Bling Mesh that was in pink and in using the same colors I inked the mesh to match the piece. 



The finished result was perfect. I then added the trim to the top and bottom of the Vase. 


I finished the piece up with a beautiful bow and added a string of LED Lights to give a warm glowing touch and there you have it!!! An Etched Glass Autumn Vase. 

Please look at the pic SLIDESHOW below for details!!!
picasion
picasion


Your Professional Crafting Educator
Angela Holt

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Angela!! Loved the colours and use of LED lights is a fab idea!!
    http://www.kalasirjana.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed my visit with you!! I ♥ your posts.

    I just had to "follow" you so not to miss anything! It would make me so happy if you would follow me too. :)

    Have a beautiful weekend!

    Lots of BIG Hugs,

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! This vase is stunning! What a transformation! The blue color was trashy and cheap but this one looks elegant!

    -http://abcglassware.com/

    ReplyDelete